The following is a list of clinical trials, most double-blinded and placebo-controlled, recorded at the National Medical Library, MEDLINE, as abstracted by GreenMedInfo for benfotiamine:
1. Benfotiamine and alpha-lipoic acid normalises complication-causing pathways in type 1 diabetes.
2. Benfotiamine inhibits oxidative stress with type 2 diabetes.
3. Benfotiamine reduces polyneuropathy symptoms.
4. Benfotiamine aids the post-ischemic healing of diabetic animals.
5. Benfotiamine, a form of thiamine, attenuates nicotine and uric acid-induced vascular endothelial dysfunction in the rat.
6. Benfotiamine has antioxidant activity and may protect DNA.
7. Thiamine may be an essential supplement for preventing complications of diabetes type 1 and type 2.